Wally’s Shop will close after more than 60 years
OSMOND — After more than 60 years, the sign on the Wally’s Shop building has come down. Paul Kahler, who purchased the business in 1976 when his father retired, has decided it is time to retire himself.
In 1956, Wally Kahler purchased the shop part of the Huey Ford Garage and it became Wally’s Shop. He had previously worked for E. J. Huey for 24 years before making his dream a reality. Paul worked with his father for several years, beginning in 1968, before taking over the business.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition https://etypeservices.com/Northeast%20Nebraska%20News%20CompanyID379/