Published On: Wed, Jan 8th, 2014

Fire damages Hartington native’s jewelry store

PLATTSMOUTH — A Jan. 2 fire in downtown Plattsmouth has forced Russ and Kim Kathol to relocate their business.

Kathol, a Hartington native, was called to his jewelry store late Jan. 2 when a fire broke out in the nearby Quarthouse Pub.

The blaze eventually destroyed the building which houses the pub and the Plattsmouth Chiropractic Center and Cass Family Medicine.

“It is sad this had to happen,” Kathol said. “But I am just glad no one got hurt.”

The roof on the Kathols’ Main Street Jewelers store was damaged. The building also received extensive water and smoke damage.

Hartington area residents are familiar with Main Street Jewelry because  Russ and Kim move a portion of their store to Hartington each year during the Candlelight Christmas celebration. Russ, son of Darrell and Laurie Kathol, Hartington, is a 1981 Cedar Catholic graduate.

Charles Jones, executive director of the Plattsmouth Main Street Association, said the Quarthouse Pub night manager initially discovered the fire around 11:30 p.m., Jan. 2, when she smelled smoke before the business closed, according to The Fremont Tribune.

She looked around and found smoke coming from the basement.

Follow the link to read more: http://www.etypeservices.com/Northeast%20Nebraska%20News%20CompanyID379/

Blowjob